Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Diwali Worth Spent

What:Bacardi flavrz Presents Timeout nights with DJ LOOPKIN (Bhavishyavani)
Loopkin, DJ/producer, plays groovy, progressive, funky and dynamic electro-techno music. His sets are an analog delight - he always uses turntables and effects. As part of the now-legendary Bhavishayvani Future Soundz crew, Loopkin regularly presides over some of the best dance music gigs in Mumbai. His sets have been fixtures at the city’s leading venues like Aurus in Juhu and Blue Frog in Lower Parel. Unknown to most clubbing regulars who’ve been treated to his sets, before Loopkin arrived in Mumbai in 2004, he set up and ran a record label (Hologram) as well as producing the work of well-known European and American DJs. You can find his own music on this label too. His DJing career, however, can be traced back a decade ago when Loopkin first discovered the original techno sound from Detroit after listening to a “mix-up” of DJ Jeff Mills - a discovery that turned his life upside down. He began spinning acid-techno tunes in Britanny (the western region of France) in 1995. Loopkin began to be well-known in Britanny thanks to the radio show “Line-up’” where he and his best mate, played regularly from ‘95-97. During this time, Loopkin proved he can mix everything from acid-house to techno and made people dance as never before. Besides playing marathon 10 hour DJ sets, he ‘s gigged all over France with international DJs like The Youngsters (f.com, Fr), Stryke (Guidance USA), Steve Bicknell ( Cosmic, UK) and the father of French house music, Laurent Garnier (F com, Fr). Promoters:- Mypurplemartini in association with The Bombay Elektrik Projekt
When:Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:00 PM to Sunday, November 22, 2009 1:00 AM
Where:Bonobo, Linking Road
Mumbai, Mahārāshtra   India

It was just a month back, I remember. I was about to die, not from any externally inflicted disease but lost within myself, I searching for a trail to get my hands on just one pill of that rat poison. How does that look like? I don’t know, there aren’t many rats around my house. And I thought if I spend this Diwali in a lifetime of loneliness, it’s better I die.

A day of cricket in a novice' life

But fate had it otherwise. I was blessed with a fat sponge who dropped by with a host of friends that I had not quite recognized from my school’s past. It took me a while to recognize that the shiny face of my sponge friend is none other than my school mate and the sick looking still in tenth grade physique with porcupine hair is actually a college undergraduate. I pray that he survives adulthood.

91.1 Whatta Fun! I had taken an oath of not bursting any crackers and hopefully a bunch of these guys were scary cats. Last year I almost did the great thing of cracking my cars driver windows. It was close to where I had buried a whole set of those ‘tiger-bombs’ under the sand. Anyhow, it has been a year worth of learning and surviving and struggles. So, I think holidays are meant for slumbering till noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment